Teach concepts of engineering and electricity with this hands-on STEM activity! Students will go through the process of building and wiring a 4 bedroom house. This activity is designed for high school students.
- Each room’s lights should turn on/off independently
- There are two rooms with 2 lights. One of those rooms, the two lights should turn on/off together. In the other, the two lights should turn on/off independently.
- In the room with three lights, one should turn on/off independently, and the other two should turn on/off together.
- Everything should run from one power source (9V battery).
- You can use the PhET Simulation to practice.
- You will need to draw a schematic of your house. This should be drawn in standard circuit format.
- You should be able to describe how you wired your house using scientific language.